The classic ‘87 is arguably the most widely-used large diaphragm condenser microphone in popular recording history. Rather than base our WA-87 circuit on current incarnations of this mic, we decided to closely follow the early circuit designs that date back nearly half a century.
As is true with many classic microphones, engineers who have worked with different versions of these microphones often prefer the warmer, more forgiving nature of the earlier commercially available models. The desire to re-introduce the warm tone of this classic mic at an affordable price to an all new generation of recording artists was the inspiration behind the WA-87.
- LARGE CONDENSER STUDIO MICROPHONE BASED ON THE CLASSIC “87-STYLE” CIRCUIT.
- POLAR PATTERNS: CARDIOID, FIGURE OF EIGHT, AND OMNIDIRECTIONAL.
- WA-87-B-50V CAPSULE. REPRODUCTION OF CLASSIC DUAL BACKPLATE (FOUR WIRE TERMINATION) K87 CAPSULE.
- -10DB PAD.
- CINEMAG USA OUTPUT TRANSFORMER.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20HZ - 20KHZ.
- SPL: .5% THD @ 125DB (WITHOUT PAD),132DB.
- DIAPHRAGM: 6 MICRON THICKNESS, 1 INCH DIAMETER, GOLD SPUTTERED MEMBRANE, NOS MYLAR (PET FILM).
- OUTPUT: 150 OHMS, 24K GOLD PLATED, 3 PIN XLR.
- HIGH PASS FILTER: 80HZ.
- NOISE: -117DB.
- MICROPHONE INCLUDES SHOCK MOUNT, HARD MOUNT AND WOOD BOX.
- COLOR: NICKEL.